Another month down! I have now completed 4 of 12 sessions for these new meds. Overall I am 50% complete with chemo (8 of 16 rounds done), 60% if you count it in weeks and 84 days in…but who’s counting?!😬🤷🏼♀️😂 I am trying not to get too focused on how many days or weeks are left and focus on the number of treatments since each time I go in for treatment, it’s never a guarantee based on how my blood work is. The morning of treatments I am anxious for whether I’ll be able to complete the treatment or not, my body has little time to recover in between so it’s always nerve wracking when I go in. They now ask me my stress levels prior to treatment and when they asked last week, I said it was a 5, with 10 being the max. I thought this was a good neutral answer considering a 5 is how I feel the mornings of and then it drops to probably a 1 post, little did I know a 5 makes them question if you need to talk to a therapist. We’ll, I quickly replied that I have talked to her a few times and the topic was dropped, now I know never say 5 unless I am consistently stressed, which I am not! I read books, watch shows, color, work on my puzzle - there’s nothing stressful about that! I’ve slowed down and tried to allow my body to rest so my stress levels are light.
This past week was a little rough as I have gotten more and more tired. I’ve learned that Tuesday - Thursday are the hardest. Tuesdays I am exhausted because I haven’t slept the night before from all the chemo meds, even with the help of Ambien I am lucky if I get 4 hours of sleep. Wednesday’s and Thursday's I am tired and very emotional (poor Chris gets lots of tears) from lack of sleep, menopause and just the want for this to be over so I can feel normal again. Friday - Sunday I feel pretty good, just have funny food issues, and continue to work through what tastes decent vs good. Fruits, particularly mangoes, plums and peaches have been my favorite. Lots of smoothies and soft pretzels are another go to. My energy levels on these days are slightly better but I still get winded and try not to overdo it throughout the day.
My eyelashes have fallen out and there are very few left now and my eyebrows have thinned out quite a bit, luckily, I still have some dye on my brows from when I had microblading done a few years that I can pencil them in easily. The rest of the hair on my body doesn’t grow and shaving my legs is probably done once a week, with an electric razor so I don’t cut myself, and honestly not sure it even does anything when I use it. I had to stop with the waterpark because it made my gums bleed, so that was a bit of a bummer, but at least I can still brush my teeth!
Chris and I had a picnic at a local park last night, watched the sunset and enjoyed the evening. It was nice to get out of the house; we’ll try to make this our new date nights until this is over and I can eat normally and am not a walking immunity risk, as I’ve said before I’m doing everything I can not to delay this any longer than I need to! We had planned to take the Jeep out, but it is now out of commission for a bit, poor Chris, think good thoughts that it gets fixed soon…for both of our sake’s! For those that don’t know, this was his 40th birthday present, he has a love/hate relationship with it while I have a pure love for it, but I am not the one busting my knuckles, burning myself and cursing at it, so when something goes right on it, I’m happy and so is he. She’s 37 years old, she’s not a spring chicken!
That’s all for now, thanks again for all the check ins and support. Sending our love!
Lauren (and Chris)
No comments:
Post a Comment