Wednesday, April 27, 2022

While Chris was in the military, this was his Soldier's Creed.  This is the mindset he asked me to live by, however I rewrote it as a Cancer Patient, read the Army version and read my version.  I got this!

Soldier's Creed

I am an American Solider.

I am a Warrior and member of a team.

I serve the people of the United States, and live the Army Values.

I will always place the mission first.

I will never accept defeat.

I will never quit.

I will never leave a fallen comrade.

I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills.

I always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself.

I am an expert and I am a professional.

I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of the United States of America, in close combat.

I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.

I am an American Soldier.

Lauren's Creed

I am a Cancer Patient.

I am a warrior and member of multiple teams: marriage, family and work.

I serve my husband, my family, my friends and all those I encouter.

I will always place the mission first.

I will never accept defeat.

I will never quit.

I will never let my strength go.

I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, willing to learn and adapt to whatever comes my way.

I will always maintain my pride, trusting the process, the doctors and myself.

I am hopeful, strong and confident.

I stand ready to fight, accept change and destroy the cancer cells in my body.

I am the guardian of my life and my husband, family and friends are here to walk alongside me and lift me up, both physically and mentally.

I am a Cancer Patient.


XO,

Lauren



3 comments:

  1. Lauren’s creed is very powerful. We will adopt it in our own way

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS!!! You got this!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! We all need to write a creed and live by it! Thanks for including us during this journey. YOU ARE STRONG!

    ReplyDelete

October & November 2024 Updates

This will be a recap of October to today.    Lots has been going on and we’ve been incredibly busy.    The format of this is going to be a b...